Sunday, October 21, 2007









Blakely and Mike in their matching shirts





Hello all! Mike and I have had a crazy weekend since we had 2 RUF activies. On Friday night we had our Barn Dance. We had this last year and the students really enjoyed it. It was a great turn out and the weather was perfect, not too cold and not too hot. I made white chili and two types of cornbread (one plain and the other brocolli)which turned out delicious. I am glad because now I have two good recipes to use. Mike and I both really enjoy square dancing and I think it helped everyone get to know each other better and be more comfortable.






We woke up early saturday morning since we were throwing a tailgate. It was quite crazy trying to get all the food ready and cornhole and other games together. We are beginning to wonder what Brad is going to do w/out us next year as we bring alot of things to activies, but hopefully leadership from the students will step up. Mike also got to use his cornhole boards for the first time. They look really good white but he will put something on them as soon as he decideds what. He put alot of work into them and they are really smooth. We finally got home last night at 9 exhausted. I was quite annoyed with how dirty our small apt was so I got a second wind and cleaned until 10:45. Mike offered to help or do it but Checkers had been home all day by himself and someone needed to play with him, so I told Mike too since I was the one that was soo annoyed by the apt.






Today was relaxing and we feel a little ready to start a new week. We are beginning to have students over every monday night for dinner which is alot of fun but it takes about 3 hours of cooking because I try to do a homemade meal. I am experimenting with lots of casserole dishes though as those are easier with only one dish to clean up after the meal. We had 9 boys here last monday night and wow can they eat. We are having girls tom so I am not preparing quite as much food.






I made Checkers a bed for his cage today and I am proud of how it turned out. It looks a little like a baby bed but thats okay. He already likes it though as I caught him cat napping on it this afternoon while I was finishing sewing the other piece. I am excited he likes it and I think it will be great for when we travel.



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

looks like a BUSY weekend for ya'll but FUN!!! glad all the food turned out well- I am going to have to get that broccoli cornbread recipe- it sounds yummy!! Checkers is ADORABLE!!! did you make the pillow he is sleeping on?!?!!?
love ya