Wednesday, August 22, 2007




The Craigslist find....I had seen these chairs a couple of weeks ago on craigslist and thought they were pretty but he was asking to much for a used chair, but then he came down so Mike and I decided to go check them out yesterday. They guys was very nice and he even came down more in price for us (I think he felt bad for us because we are a young, poor married couple) and then I asked him ab the antique harp table because he hadnt advertised it yet on craigslist and he basically gave it to us, so I was super excited and Mike and I are both glad we got it because we think it looks better between the chairs than the round table I was going to put there. The chairs need recovering but I think we will tackle that in another yr or so once we are more settled. I was afraid they would look to dressy but I think we will be able to make them still look welcoming and they are comfy.

Mike and I went to an Arts and Crafts fair at a park down the street from us this past sat and enjoyed walking around and seeing everything. We got this little painted Scarecrow gourd to have around the house because we thought he was cute.
My mom also sent the new yellow skirt for out table and I put that pic up because it looks much better than the khaki colored skirt (thanks mom =o). I am also in process of making another horse pillow to go on the new chairs.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

WOW - I love your chairs and the harp table- super cute and that gourd is ADORABLE!! I need something like that- soo Fallish and FUN!! love ya girl!!

Robert and Tiffany Adams said...

Those chairs are great! What an awesome craigslist find! Oh, and the statue over Bham is Vulcan - the God of Iron because of Bham's steel idustry back in the day. :)